Religious Truths By Iris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covenants – this thread will deal with both the old Law Covenant which is no longer in force and the New or Everlasting Covenant:

Go down

Covenants – this thread will deal with both the old Law Covenant which is no longer in force and the New or Everlasting Covenant: Empty Covenants – this thread will deal with both the old Law Covenant which is no longer in force and the New or Everlasting Covenant:

Post  Admin Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 am

Covenants – this thread will deal with both the old Law Covenant which is no longer in force and the New or Everlasting Covenant:

FIRST, the old Law Covenant:

Discourse On the Law Covenant Made by God With Israel and Fulfilled By The Ransom Sacrifice of his Son:

INTRODUCTION:

God (YHWH) made a covenant with natural Israel that remained in force until his son, Jesus (Yeshua) gave his life as a ransom sacrifice as the fulfillment as shown in Matthew 5:17, "Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil." (American Standard Version; ASV). So Jesus (Yeshua) fulfilled the law and it is NO longer in effect, but the principles embodied in the Law Covenant are beneficial for true Christians today. Now let's look at the details with respect the Law Covenant God (YHWH) made with Israel in ancient times and its fulfillment.

MADE WITH ISRAEL ONLY:

The Law Covenant was NOT made with all tribes and nations, but only with the nation of Israel as shown at Exodus 24:3-8, "And Moses came and told the people all the words of Jehovah, and all the ordinances: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which Jehovah hath spoken will we do. 4 And Moses wrote all the words of Jehovah, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the mount, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel. 5 And he sent young men of the children of Israel, who offered burnt-offerings, and sacrificed peace-offerings of oxen unto Jehovah. 6 And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basins; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar. 7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that Jehovah hath spoken will we do, and be obedient. 8 And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which Jehovah hath made with you concerning all these words." (American Standard Version; ASV). God's (YHWH's) specific words with respect the covenant are, Exodus 34:27-29, "And Jehovah said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel. 28 And he was there with Jehovah forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments. 29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of the testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses knew not that the skin of his face shone by reason of his speaking with him." (ASV). And God (YHWH) by means of his Holy Spirit, his active force or power spoke to the people of Israel out of a fire as recorded at Deuternonmy 4:12-13, "And Jehovah spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of words, but ye saw no form; only `ye heard' a voice. 13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even the ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone." (ASV).

This Law Covenant was given to the nation of Israel under awe-inspiring circumstances as clearly testified to at Exodus 19:18-20, "And mount Sinai, the whole of it, smoked, because Jehovah descended upon it in fire; and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly. 19 And when the voice of the trumpet waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice. 20 And Jehovah came down upon mount Sinai, to the top of the mount: and Jehovah called Moses to the top of the mount; and Moses went up." (ASV). And this was mentioned in the New Testament at Hebrews 12:18-21, "For ye are not come unto `a mount' that might be touched, and that burned with fire, and unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, 19 and the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which `voice' they that heard entreated that no word more should be spoken unto them; 20 for they could not endure that which was enjoined, If even a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned; 21 and so fearful was the appearance, `that' Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:" (ASV). Thus, we see here the harmony between the Old and the New Testament which shows God's (YHWH's) authorship of the entire Bible.

LAW COVENANT MADE ONLY WITH THE NATION OF ISRAEL:

The Law Covenant was NOT made with any nation, but Israel. This fact is testified to at many places in the Bible such as at Psalms 147:19-20, "He showeth his word to Jacob, his statutes and his judgments to Israel. 20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD." (the Webster Bible; WB); And at Deuteronomy 4:7-8, "`For which `is' the great nation that hath God near unto it, as Jehovah our God, in all we have called unto him? 8 and which `is' the great nation which hath righteous statutes and judgments according to all this law which I am setting before you to-day?" (Young's Literal Translation; YLT); And at Exodus 31:15-17, "Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day is a sabbath of solemn rest, holy to Jehovah: whosoever doeth any work on the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."; And at Deuteronomy 5:2-3, "Jehovah our God made with us a covenant in Horeb; 3 not with our fathers hath Jehovah made this covenant, but with us; we -- these -- here to-day -- all of us alive." (YLT).

GOD'S (YHWH'S) STATED PURPOSE FOR THE LAW COVENANT:

At Exodus 19:4-6 God (YHWH) stated his purpose for the Law Covenant, "Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself. 5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be mine own possession from among all peoples: for all the earth is mine: 6 and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." (ASV); And this is testified to in the New Testament at Galatians 3:19 showing the harmony once more of the entire Bible, "Why, then, the law? on account of the transgressions it was added, till the seed might come to which the promise hath been made, having been set in order through messengers in the hand of a mediator -" (YLT). The Law Covenant was intended to produce righteousness, but due to the hard heartedness of many of the nation of Israel, it did not.

DID NOT PRODUCE RIGHTEOUSNESS AS INTENDED:

The Law Covenant with the nation of Israel did NOT produce righteousness as it was intended. Why? Let's look at what the Bible says with respect this in the New Testament at Romans 8:3-4, "for what the law was not able to do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, His own Son having sent in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, did condemn the sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteousness of the law may be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." (YLT); And at Acts 13:38-39 showing, "`Let it therefore be known to you, men, brethren, that through this one to you is the forgiveness of sins declared, 39 and from all things from which ye were not able in the law of Moses to be declared righteous, in this one every one who is believing is declared righteous;" (YLT).

Why did the nation of Israel not obtain righteousness under the Law Covenant is addressed at Romans 9:30-32, "What, then, shall we say? that nations who are not pursuing righteousness did attain to righteousness, and righteousness that `is' of faith, 31 and Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, at a law of righteousness did not arrive 32 wherefore? because -- not by faith, but as by works of law; for they did stumble at the stone of stumbling," (YLT); And at Galatians 3:21-22, "the law, then, `is' against the promises of God? -- let it not be! for if a law was given that was able to make alive, truly by law there would have been the righteousness, 22 but the Writing did shut up the whole under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ may be given to those believing." (YLT).

LAW COVENANT LED THOSE OF FAITH TO CHRIST:

The Law Covenant became our tutor that leads to Christ as testified to at Galatians 3:24, "so that the law became our child-conductor -- to Christ, that by faith we may be declared righteous," (YLT); And at Romans 10:4, "For Christ is an end of law for righteousness to every one who is believing," (YLT).

But, as indicated above, the Law Covenant embodied prophetic pattern or shadow of things to come as shown at Hebrews 10:1, "For the law having a shadow of the good `things' to come, not the very image of the things, can never with the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect them that draw nigh." (ASV); And at Colossians 2:16-17, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day or a new moon or a sabbath day: 17 which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ's." (ASV); And at Hebrews 8:4-5, "for if, indeed, he were upon earth, he would not be a priest -- (there being the priests who are offering according to the law, the gifts, 5 who unto an example and shadow do serve of the heavenly things, as Moses hath been divinely warned, being about to construct the tabernacle, for `See (saith He) thou mayest make all things according to the pattern that was shewn to thee in the mount;') -" (YLT); And at, Hebrews 9:7-9 and 23-24, "and into the second, once in the year, only the chief priest, not apart from blood, which he doth offer for himself and the errors of the people, 8 the Holy Spirit this evidencing that not yet hath been manifested the way of the holy `places', the first tabernacle having yet a standing; 9 which `is' a simile in regard to the present time, in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered, which are not able, in regard to conscience, to make perfect him who is serving," and "`It is' necessary, therefore, the pattern indeed of the things in the heavens to be purified with these, and the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these; 24 for not into holy places made with hands did the Christ enter -- figures of the true -- but into the heaven itself, now to be manifested in the presence of God for us;" (YLT).

JESUS (YESHUA) FULFILLED THE LAW AND GOD (YHWH) TERMINATED IT:

Jesus (Yeshua) came not to destroy the law, but to fulfill it as testified to at Matthew 5:17-19, "Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." (ASV); And at Colossians 2:13-14, "And you, being dead through your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, you, `I say', did he make alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses; 14 having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out that way, nailing it to the cross;" (ASV); And at Ephesians 2:13-15, "But now in Christ Jesus ye that once were far off are made nigh in the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who made both one, and brake down the middle wall of partition, 15 having abolished in the flesh the enmity, `even' the law of commandments `contained' in ordinances; that he might create in himself of the two one new man, `so' making peace;" (ASV).

However, the principles embodied in the Law Covenant are beneficial for true Christians as clearly testified to at Romans 13:8-10, "Owe no man anything, save to love one another: for he that loveth his neighbor hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not covet, and if there be any other commandment, it is summed up in this word, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: love therefore is the fulfilment of the law." (ASV); And at Romans 12:18-19, "If it be possible, as much as in you lieth, be at peace with all men. 19 Avenge not yourselves, beloved, but give place unto the wrath `of God': for it is written, Vengeance belongeth unto me; I will recompense, saith the Lord." (ASV); And at Ephesians 6:1-3, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2 Honor thy father and mother (which is the first commandment with promise), 3 that it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth." (ASV). So we can clearly see Jesus (Yeshua) Christ fulfilled the Law Covenant and it was done away with, but its principles still apply. Also, we see the New Testament is not separate from the Old Testament, but its fulfillment.

Now to know the truth, go to:

1) http://religioustruths.forumsland.com/

2) http://www.network54.com/Forum/403209/

3) http://religioustruths.lefora.com/

4) http://religioustruths.boardhost.com/

5) http://religious-truths.forums.com/

6) http://religioustruthsbyiris.createmybb3.com/

7) https://religioustruths.forumotion.com/

To enjoy an online Bible study called “Follow the Christ” go to, http://religioustruths.lefora.com/2012/04/03/18-part-follow-christ-bible-study/

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

Francis David said it long ago, "Neither the sword of popes...nor the image of death will halt the march of truth. "Francis David, 1579, written on the wall of his prison cell." Read the book, "What Does The Bible Really Teach" and the Bible today, and go to www.jw.org!

Admin
Admin

https://religioustruths.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Covenants – this thread will deal with both the old Law Covenant which is no longer in force and the New or Everlasting Covenant: Empty God's (YHWH's) New Covenant

Post  Admin Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:46 am

God's (YHWH's) New Covenant

INTRODUCTION:

Our God (YHWH) is a god of covenants. Many covenants are mentioned in the Bible such as the old Law Covenant that God (YHWH) made specifically with the ancient nation of Israel which only applied to that nation and individuals living within that nation.

He also made a covenant with Noah promising to never to destroy the earth again with a deluge as recorded at Genesis 9:8-15, " And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, 9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; 10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. 11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. 12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. 14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: 15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh." (Authorized King James Bible; AV).

Now just what is the new covenant or contract? If it is the new covenant, does that mean that there is an old covenant? Are any other covenants related to it? These are important questions because Jesus said that the blood of the covenant would be poured out "for forgiveness of sins." We all need forgiveness of sins, and as recorded at Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;' (AV). This brief paragraph raises many questions that will shortly be answered.

OLD LAW COVENANT:

The Law Covenant was NOT made with all tribes and nations, but only with the nation of Israel as shown at Exodus 24:3-8, "And Moses came and told the people all the words of Jehovah, and all the ordinances: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which Jehovah hath spoken will we do. 4 And Moses wrote all the words of Jehovah, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the mount, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel. 5 And he sent young men of the children of Israel, who offered burnt-offerings, and sacrificed peace-offerings of oxen unto Jehovah. 6 And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basins; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar. 7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that Jehovah hath spoken will we do, and be obedient. 8 And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which Jehovah hath made with you concerning all these words." (American Standard Version; ASV). God's (YHWH's) specific words with respect the covenant are, Exodus 34:27-29, "And Jehovah said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel. 28 And he was there with Jehovah forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments. 29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of the testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses knew not that the skin of his face shone by reason of his speaking with him." (ASV). And God (YHWH) by means of his Holy Spirit, his active force or power spoke to the people of Israel out of a fire as recorded at Deuternonmy 4:12-13, "And Jehovah spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of words, but ye saw no form; only `ye heard' a voice. 13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even the ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone." (ASV).

The Law Covenant was NOT made with any nation, but Israel. This fact is testified to at many places in the Bible such as at Psalms 147:19-20, "He showeth his word to Jacob, his statutes and his judgments to Israel. 20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD." (the Webster Bible; WB); And at Deuteronomy 4:7-8, "`For which `is' the great nation that hath God near unto it, as Jehovah our God, in all we have called unto him? 8 and which `is' the great nation which hath righteous statutes and judgments according to all this law which I am setting before you to-day?" (Young's Literal Translation; YLT); And at Exodus 31:15-17, "Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day is a sabbath of solemn rest, holy to Jehovah: whosoever doeth any work on the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."; And at Deuteronomy 5:2-3, "Jehovah our God made with us a covenant in Horeb; 3 not with our fathers hath Jehovah made this covenant, but with us; we -- these -- here to-day -- all of us alive." (YLT).

The Law Covenant was NOT intended to be permanent, but to point the need for a better covenant with forgiveness of sins in view. In fact, no one proved able to keep all the provisions of the Law Covenant and God's (YHWH's) intention to replace it a better covenant, a New Covenant, and this was made clear at Jeremiah 31:31-33, " Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." (AV).

THE NEW COVENANT WITH GREATER BLESSINGS:

Shortly before his death, Jesus told his followers that his shed blood was the initalizing of a New Covenant per Matthew 26:26-28, " And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." (AV) and Luke 22:20, " For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you." (AV).

Ten days after he ascended to heaven, the new covenant was seen to be in operation when Holy Spirit was poured out on approximately 120 disciples gathered in an upper room in Jerusalem per Acts 1:15-16, " And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,) 16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus." (AV); and at Acts 2:1-4, " And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." (AV). This bringing of approximately 120 disciples into the New Covenant clearly showed that the old Law Covenant, even for the nation of Israel, was now obsolete and replaced by the New Covenant per Hebrews 8:6-13, " But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away." (AV).

Now some may wonder if the old Law Covenant had been a failure. Let's examine the facts and see what the case really is. No this was not the case at all. True, since it was now replaced, fleshly Israel was no longer God's special people per Matthew 23:37-39, " O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord." (AV). This outcome was due to Israel's disobedience and rejection of God's (YHWH's) Anointed One as recorded at Exodus 19:5, " Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:" (AV). Acts 2:21-36, "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ." (AV).

However, before the Law Covenant was replaced, it had accomplished much. For many centuries, it had provided a way of approaching God (YHWH), and served as protection against false religion. It contained kernels of the New Covenant, and its requirements for repeated sacrifices drew attention and/or demonstrated man's urgent need of redemption or forgiveness from sin and death. It was the path or 'tutor' that lead up to Christ per Galatians 3:17-29, " Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. 18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. 19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. 22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (AV); and Romans 3:20-21 makes it clear that no flesh was justified by the Old Law Covenant, " Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; and Romans 4:15-16 states, " Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. 16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all," (AV); and Romans 5:12 says, " Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (AV).

It is made clear at Hebrews 10:1-5 that sacrifices of animals do NOT take away sin, but were intended to remind those under the Law Covenant that they should look forward per Jeremiah 31:31 to something better, the New Covenant, " For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure." (AV). Yet, it was only through the New Covenant that the blessing promised to Abraham would be realized.

NEW COVENANT DETAILS:

Per Psalm 19:7 the old Law Covenant was perfect, " The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." (AV). Yet, inspite of this God (YHWH) promised something better per Jeremiah 31:31-34, " Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." (AV). Now who would be part of or taken into this new covenant? Let's look at Hebrews 9:15-18 which showed it would not be the nation of Israel and also shows what would be required to put it into force, " And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. 18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

Galatians 6:16, " And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God."; and Jesus (Yeshua) showed at Matthew 22:37-40, that the New Covenant was based on love and forgiveness, " Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (AV). In fact, of the New Covenant, God (YHWH) said it would not be a covenant of do and do nots since it would be based on love and would be written on the hearts of obedient ones per Romans 2:2829, " For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." (AV). Thus the obedient ones would prove to be a new 'Israel' or spiritual 'Israel" and not a literal Israel per Revelation 7:9-10, " After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb." (AV); which harmonizes with what Zechariah 8:23 foretells, " Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you." (AV).

Now to know the truth, go to:

1) http://religioustruths.forumsland.com/

2) http://www.network54.com/Forum/403209/

3) http://religioustruths.lefora.com/

4) http://religioustruths.boardhost.com/

5) http://religious-truths.forums.com/

6) http://religioustruthsbyiris.createmybb3.com/

7) https://religioustruths.forumotion.com/

To enjoy an online Bible study called “Follow the Christ” go to, http://religioustruths.lefora.com/2012/04/03/18-part-follow-christ-bible-study/

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

Francis David said it long ago, "Neither the sword of popes...nor the image of death will halt the march of truth. "Francis David, 1579, written on the wall of his prison cell." Read the book, "What Does The Bible Really Teach" and the Bible today, and go to www.jw.org!

Admin
Admin

https://religioustruths.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum