Religious Truths By Iris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT IS GENUINE LOVE?

Go down

WHAT IS GENUINE LOVE?  Empty WHAT IS GENUINE LOVE?

Post  Admin Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:03 pm

WHAT IS GENUINE LOVE?

First, the Bible defines love as Almighty God (YHWH) chief attribute per 1 John 4:8, "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." (AV), and 1 John 4:16, "And we know and have believed the love which God hath in us. God is love; and he that abideth in love abideth in God, and God abideth in him." (AV).

Second, we need to look at what true love is as defined in the Inspired Word of Almighty God (YHWH), the Bible. This will be done by looking at it various aspects.

1 Corinthians 4:4-7 describes love as, "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." (AV). It puts up with unfavorable conditions and wrong actions of others, doing so with a purpose, namely, to work out the eventual salvation of those doing wrong or of others involved in the circumstances, as well as to bring honor and vindication. Love is kind, no matter what the provocation may be per 2 Peter 3:15, "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;" (AV).

Love is not jealous nor envious of what others have. It rejoices in seeing other individuals receive good things, and does not even begrudge one's enemies for receiving good things. It is generous as shown by Almighty God (YHWH) per Matthew 5:45, "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." (AV). Whereas, the genuine (true) followers of Jesus (Yeshua) Christ are content with their lot, Satan the Devil selfishly and enviously got out of place and even desired to be worshiped as testified to by Matthew 4:9-10, "And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." (AV).

True love does not get puffed up and seek the applause and admiration of other as reviled at Psalms 75:4-7, "4 I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn: 5 Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck. 6 ¶ For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. 7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another." (AV). The person having love will not push others down to make himself/herself appear greater. Instead, per Colossians 1:3-5, "We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, 4 Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints, 5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;" (AV), and 1 Timothy 1:2-3, "Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord. 3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine," (AV). In fact, Almighty God (YHWH) told Israel, per 1 Corinthians 1:31, "That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord." (AV).

Love does not behave indecently, nor is it ill-mannered. It does not engage in indecent behavior, such as sexual wrongs and/or shocking conduct. 1 Corinthians 14:40, "If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace." (AV); and Romans 13:13-14, "Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." (AV); and 1 Timothy 4:1-5, "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer." (AV).

Love as testified to at 1 Corinthians 10:24, "Let, no one, be seeking, what concerneth himself, but that which concerneth some one else." (Rotherham Bible of 1902; RB); it follows from this principle that all should not be just looking out for their own welfare, but that of the other person. This requires genuine (true) followers of Christ to warn others of danger and wrong thinking that they know of. In this the loving concern for the everlasting welfare of others shows itself. This sincere concern for others is one of the strongest motivating forces in love, and is also one of the most effective. The apostle put it as follows at 1 Corinthians 9:22-23, "To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you." (AV).

Galatians 5:19-22, " Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith," (AV), clearly showing that love does not look for an occasion or excuse for provocation or violence. To wit, one having love is not easily offended by what others say or do.

Love does not keep account of the injury. It does not consider itself to be injured and so lay up that injury as something to be settle accounts for later. That would be a vengeful spirit, condemned in the Bible at Leviticus 19:18, "Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD." (AV); and Romans 12:19, "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." (AV).

Love does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. Love rejoices with the truth even though it upsets previous paradigms and beliefs held or statements made. It sticks with Almighty God's (YHWH's) word of truth. It always sides with the right, finding no pleasure in wrong, in lies, or in any form of injustice, no matter who the victim is, even if he is an enemy. This however does not mean that one showing love should fear to speak out against wrong doing and misleading hogwash per Galatians 2:11-14, "But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?" (AV). Here the Apostle Paul lovingly corrected the Apostle Peter.

Love bears all things. It is willing to endure, to suffer for righteousness' sake per Matthew 18:15-17, "Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican." (AV). However the one having love will show that his/her forgiveness is real when the errant one corrects his ways per 1 Peter 4:7-8, "But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. 8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins." (AV).

Love believes all things. Love has faith in the things God has said in his Word of truth, even if outward appearances are against it and the unbelieving world scoffs. This love, especially toward God, is a recognition of his truthfulness, based on his record of faithfulness and reliability, just as we know and love a true, faithful friend and do not doubt when he tells us something for which we may not have proof as testified to at Joshua 23:14, "And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof." (AV). Love believes all God says, though it may not be able to grasp it thoroughly, and it is willing to wait patiently until the matter is more fully explained or until getting a clear understanding per 1 Corinthians 13:9-12, "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known" (AV)

Love hopes all things. It has hope in all the things Jehovah has promised per Romans 12:12, "Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;" (AV); and Hebrews 3:6, "But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end." (AV)

Love endures all things. Love is required for all genuine (true) followers of Christ, an integrity keeping on their part toward Almighty God (YHWH) is required. the Christian to keep his integrity toward Jehovah God in spite of whatever the Devil may do to test the soundness of your faith to Almighty God (YHWH) in keeping with Romans 5:3-5, "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." (AV); and Matthew 10:22, "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." (AV).

Love never fails. It will never come to an end or cease to exist per 1 Corinthians 13:8-13,

"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." (AV).

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

Admin
Admin

https://religioustruths.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down