Religious Truths By Iris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Religion Does God Approve?

Go down

Which Religion Does God Approve? Empty Which Religion Does God Approve?

Post  Admin Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Which Religion Does God Approve?

Have you ever wondered which religion God approves? This scripture, “ Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” (Mark 7:7 AV), makes it clear he does not approve of all.

It is imperative to investigate carefully to find the religion God approves as the Devil has spawn 1,000s of counterfeits. But how is one to go about this task and what standard is he/she to use? Well there are certain salient items to look for:

(1) Is it largely ritualistic, a formality, or is it a way of life? God strongly disapproves of religion that is merely a formalism, “And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood. 16 ¶ Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; 17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.” (Isaiah 1:15-17 AV). True religion upholds the Bible’s standard of morality and clean speech instead of weakly going along with the popular trends, “But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.” (Ephesians 5:3-5 AV). Its members reflect the fruits of God’s spirit in their lives, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22-23 AV). So, those who adhere to true worship can be identified because they sincerely endeavor to apply Bible standards in their lives not only at their places of meeting, but in their family life, at their secular work, in school, and in recreation.

(2) Is true faith in Jesus Christ being demonstrated? This involves appreciation of the value of the sacrifice of Jesus’ human life and of his position today as heavenly King, “ He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” (John 3:36 AV), “Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. 7 ¶ I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.” (Psalms 2:6-8 AV). Such appreciation is shown by obeying Jesus—sharing personally and zealously in the work that he assigned to his followers. True religion has such faith that is accompanied by works, “ For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” (James 2:26 AV).

(3) Does it make known the name of God? Jesus said in prayer to God: “ I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.” (John 17:6 AV), He declared: “ Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.” (Matthew 4:10 AV). And “ And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.” (Exodus 6:3 AV).

(4) On what are its teachings based? Are they from the true God, or are they largely from men? “ All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” (2 Timothy 3:16 AV), and Mark 7:7, the Scripture of the Day. For example, ask, where does the Bible teach that God is a trinity? Or that the human soul is immortal?

(5) Do its members truly love one another? Jesus said: “ By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” (John 13:35 AV). Such love reaches across racial, social, and national boundaries, drawing people together in genuine brotherhood. So strong should be this love that it will set them apart as truly different. When the nations go to war, who have enough love for their fellow Christian brothers in other lands that they refuse to take up arms and kill them? That is what early Christians did.

(6) Is it truly separate from the world? Jesus said that his true followers would be, “ If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.” (John 15:19 AV). To worship God in a manner that he approves requires that we keep ourselves, “ Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.” (James 1:27 AV). Can that be said of those clergy and others who lives are largely built around materialistic and fleshly desires? “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.” (1 John 2:15-17 AV).

(7) Are its members active in letting others know about the Word of God and God’s Kingdom? Jesus foretold: “ And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.” (Matthew 24:14 AV). What religion is really proclaiming God’s Kingdom as the only hope of mankind instead of encouraging people to look to human rulership to solve their problems? “ And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 10:7 AV), “And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. 12 And when ye come into an house, salute it. 13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.” (Matthew 10:11-13 AV), “ And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” (Acts 5:42 AV), “ And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,” (Acts 20:20

Now to know the truth, go to:

1) http://religioustruths.forumsland.com/

2) http://www.network54.com/Forum/403209/

3) http://religioustruths.lefora.com/

4) http://religioustruthsbyiris89.free-forums.org/

5)

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

Francis David said it long ago, "Neither the sword of popes...nor the image of death will halt the march of truth."Francis David, 1579, written on the wall of his prison cell." Read the book, "What Does The Bible Really Teach" and the Bible today!

PS: For exhaustive details on the Trinity, go to Digital Book On The Trinity And Why It Is Only A Myth: [Trinity] the exhaustive one at,

http://religioustruths.lefora.com/2012/11/05/digital-book-on-the-trinity-and-why-it-is-only-a-m/#post1

Admin
Admin

https://religioustruths.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down