Religious Truths By Iris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discourse on Baptism:

Go down

Discourse on Baptism: Empty Discourse on Baptism:

Post  Admin Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Discourse on Baptism:

PART 1 - Necessary Step of Obedience for All Followers of Jesus

It is necessary for all followers of Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) to be baptized as clearly shown by the scriptures:

This was shown by the example of Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) getting baptized by John the Baptist in the Jordan river, "13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. 14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:13-17 AV). We are told, " For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:" (1 Peter 2:21 AV).

He told his followers to, "19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:19-20 AV). And the Apostle Peter stated, "44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days." (Acts 10:44-48 AV). And "" But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women." (Acts 8:12 AV)

PART 2 - Complete Immersion Required

On baptism, the Bible clearly shows that it should be by complete immersion and not by sprinkling. This is clearly shown as follows, "8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. 9 ¶ And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. 10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 12 And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness." (Mark 1:8-12 AV). This was further highlighted "22 ¶ After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized." (John 3:23 AV). As can be seen, baptizing was always carried out near a significant body of water "36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing." (Acts 8:36-39 AV).

Now with Jesus being baptized as a necessary step of obedience to this Father (YHWH) and to open the way for his followers to do the will of him who sent him "13 ¶ Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. 14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Therefore we should clearly follow his example and be baptized by full immersion in water if we are to accept the calling of Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) " For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:" (1 Peter 2:21 AV), "19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:19-20 AV), " And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days." (Acts 10:48 AV), " But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women." (Acts 8:12 AV).

Now, you will note, they were to be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Ghost; therefore, it is important to know their names.

PART 3 - For A Valid Baptism One's Life Must Harmonize With Bible Standards

Before one gets baptized, he should first repent of his/her past wrong doings, " Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38 AV). You must put away, "22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." (Ephesians 4:22-24 AV).

Last, we must turn away from deviant sexual appetite and sexual lust and cease being children of disobedience, "5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: 6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: 7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. 8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. 9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:" (Colossians 3:5-10 AV).

PART 4 - The Purpose of Baptism

Many individuals have the wrong impression about the purpose of Baptism. They feel its purpose is to wash away one's sins, but that is incorrect. To fully understand the need for baptism, we must remember that, " And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." (Hebrews 9:22 AV); that Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves), " Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:" (1 Peter 2:22 AV); " And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan." (Mark 1:9 AV). These three scriptures highlight that Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) deemed it proper to get baptized, and clearly he was without sin; therefore, baptism can not be for the remission of sins, it must have another purpose.

Then, what is it for? Its purpose is to symbolize one's dying to his/her former course of life and of his/her dedication to hence forth do the will of God. " Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." (1 Peter 2:24 AV) clearly shows that after baptism we are to live unto righteousness.

Therefore, the common practice of infant baptism is just as unscriptural as is baptism by sprinkling since complete immersion is a requirement as previously shown. It is necessary to embrace his words and an infant is not capable of doing so, " Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls." (Acts 2:41 AV), this is further emphasized by, " But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women." (Acts 8:12 AV), and by "21 ¶ Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. 23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli," (Luke 21-23 AV).

PART 5 - Baptizing In The Name Of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit

This section dealing with the command, " Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matthew 28:19 AV). Most individuals are familiar with this scripture, but few understand the reason for baptizing this way.

Subpart - In the Name of the Father

This is necessary as it is recognizing the office or authority of Almighty God (YHWH) who created everything and who has always existed per Psalms 90:2. This is made clear, " That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH [(YHWH)], art the most high over all the earth." (Psalms 83:18 AV), which clearly shows that he is "the most high over all the earth." And he is the source of live as stated, " For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light." (Psalms 36:9 AV)

He, Almighty God (YHWH), is the creator of all things, " And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth." (2 Kings 19:15 AV), and " For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us." (Isaiah 33:22 AV).

Subpart - In The Name of the Son

This is necessary as it is recognizing the office or authority of the Son, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) who is the only begotten son and the first of creation by his Father (YHWH). His Father (YHWH) exalted him to a position only second only to himself, "9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:9-11 AV). And, he was given, " And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." (Revelation 19:16 AV)

He proved faithful to his Father (YHWH), " And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood," (Revelation 1:5 AV); therefore, he became, "9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; 10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec." (Hebrews 5:9-10 AV).

And, last but not least, he became, "" For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" (1 Timothy 2:5 AV), and " And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel." (Hebrews 12:24 AV)

Subpart - In The Name of the Holy Spirit

This is necessary to recognize the function or activity of the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost). This is God's (YHWH's) active force that goes forth or emanates from Almighty God (YHWH). One of its functions is to act as a Comforter to mankind, " But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26 AV), "16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." (John 14:16-17 AV).

It is the Creator's (YHWH's) force for getting things accomplished, " And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" (Ephesians 6:17 AV), " But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God." (1 Corinthians 2:10 AV).

God (YHWH) pours out his active force onto his followers, "28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit." (Joel 2:28-29 AV), and also caused inspired individuals to " For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (2 Peter 1:21 AV).

Subpart - Warning

Baptism in the name of an organization or church is not in accord with the Word of God.

Now to know the truth, go to:

1) http://religioustruths.forumsland.com/

2) http://www.network54.com/Forum/403209/

3) http://religioustruths.lefora.com/

4) http://religioustruths.boardhost.com/

5) http://religious-truths.forums.com/

6) http://religioustruthsbyiris.createmybb3.com/

7) https://religioustruths.forumotion.com/

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

Francis David said it long ago, "Neither the sword of popes...nor the image of death will halt the march of truth."Francis David, 1579, written on the wall of his prison cell." Read the book, "What Does The Bible Really Teach" and the Bible today!

Admin
Admin

https://religioustruths.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Discourse on Baptism: Empty Special Exceptions To Baptism As A Requirement For Salvation:

Post  Admin Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Special Exceptions To Baptism As A Requirement For Salvation:

Normally baptism is a necessary step of obedience for all followers of Jesus (Yeshua), but of course, this does not exclude extenuating circumstances where something else can be substituted such as the thief on the cross per Luke 23:38-43, "And there was also a superscription over him, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. 39 And one of the malefactors that were hanged railed on him, saying, Art not thou the Christ? save thyself and us. 40 But the other answered, and rebuking him said, Dost thou not even fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 42 And he said, Jesus, remember me when thou comest in thy kingdom. 43 And he said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To-day shalt thou be with me in Paradise." (American Standard Version; ASV). I, in what I wrote, was of course referring to the general case that we fall under today of which there may also be some special cases where baptism may not be necessary even today due to extenuating circumstances such as one that was intending to get baptized in accordance with the scriptures, but gets killed before being able to do so by unforeseen circumstances. In feel this person would be counted worthy, even though he/she did not get baptized, and that their mental attitude would be counted as meeting the requirement. This especially so since Jesus (Yeshua) will be the judge per John 5:22, "For neither doth the Father judge any man, but he hath given all judgment unto the Son;" (ASV), and we have seen an example of his heartfelt understanding at John 8:3-11, "And the scribes and the Pharisees bring a woman taken in adultery; and having set her in the midst, 4 they say unto him, Teacher, this woman hath been taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such: what then sayest thou of her? 6 And this they said, trying him, that they might have [whereof] to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground. 7 But when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground. 9 And they, when they heard it, went out one by one, beginning from the eldest, [even] unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the midst. 10 And Jesus lifted up himself, and said unto her, Woman, where are they? did no man condemn thee? 11 And she said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said, Neither do I condemn thee: go thy way; from henceforth sin no more.]" (ASV). So I feel certain in extenuating circumstances exceptions would be made based on heartfelt feeling of the individual even today.

Now to know the truth, go to:

1) http://religioustruths.forumsland.com/

2) http://www.network54.com/Forum/403209/

3) http://religioustruths.lefora.com/

4) http://religioustruths.boardhost.com/

5) http://religious-truths.forums.com/

6) http://religioustruthsbyiris.createmybb3.com/

7) https://religioustruths.forumotion.com/

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

Francis David said it long ago, "Neither the sword of popes...nor the image of death will halt the march of truth."Francis David, 1579, written on the wall of his prison cell." Read the book, "What Does The Bible Really Teach" and the Bible today!

Admin
Admin

https://religioustruths.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down